Turnover Calculator Spreadsheet
Use the turnover calculator spreadsheet to find out the percentages of high turnover rates in your restaurant. High turnover can be very costly.
Think about the cost that is associated with hiring and training an employee based on the manager rate of $12.00 and based on the new hire rate of $7.50 (min wage) with the minimum hours
- The time spent in interviewing applicants and possible conducting second interviews: 2 hours = $24.00
- Conducting previous job reference checks: 2 hours = $24.00
- Time spent conducting employee orientations: 2 hours based on 1 manager at $24.00 and 6 employees at $7.50. Manager $24.00 new hires x 6 = $144.00
- Time spent training employees for both the trainer and the new hires. Trainer, 7 days $10.00 x 8 hours a day =$560. New hires 7 days at $7.50 x 8 hours a day = $420.00. 6 employees $420.00 x 6 = $2544.00
- Cost of training materials $50.00
- Cost of uniform 6 employees $50.00 x 6 = $300.00
Realistically the total cost would be $3470.00. The above figures are based on the minimum cost that is associated with hiring and training 6 employees. If your business is experiencing high turnover can you afford loosing that much money? I would think not, let us help you in developing a consistent method that will reduce high turnover.