Restaurant Pre-Shift Alley Rally

Restaurant Pre-Shift Restaurant Alley Rally Form

There are two versions of the Restaurant Pre-Shift Alley Rally Form. Both forms are great tools to help your restaurant run smoother with less issues. restaurant pre shift alley rally form

Use this form as a motivational tool for your team. This gives information to the staff members about any menu changes, up-selling ideas, and featured menu items for that shift. It is especially important to always be positive and upbeat during the Restaurant Pre-Shift Alley Rally. There are ideas for providing incentives for your staff members. You may also record the scheduled employees for the shift.

When used properly and consistently, the Restaurant Pre Shift Alley Rally will provide stability to the shift.

How does this form work?

First of all, the morning manager fills out the employee line-up part of the restaurant pre-shift alley rally for both shifts. Next, when the afternoon/evening manager arrives at work, he or she completes the rest of the form. Think of this form as a game plan, you are setting your shift up for a successful shift.

The purpose of the Restaurant Pre-Shift Alley Rally Form is to create excitement among the employees and to organize the shift prior to any meal period. Basically, you are creating a fun environment for the staff members and at the same time communicating to your employees your game plan for that particular shift.

Most of all, have fun with the employees. Games are a great way to help boost sales and will encourage productivity, teamwork and morale.

Make it fun!

Here are some great incentive games:

  • Wheel of Fortune
  • Run a Raffle
  • Do-It-Yourself Goals
  • Penny for Your Sales
  • The Floating $10 Bill
  • Sales Bingo
  • Tic Tac Toe
  • The Hidden Incentive
  • Hang-man

In addition, another purpose of the restaurant pre-shift alley rally form is that it acts a daily line up.  It’s easy to enter the employee’s name and the shift that they are working. Then, at a glance, you will know who works when.

Furthermore, I want you to think about something. If you don’t use the restaurant pre-shift alley rally what may happen?

  • A boring shift
  • A disorganized shift
  • No sales incentives to drive sales
  • Low employee morale
  • No communication
  • Employee uniforms maybe below your standards
  • What are the specials for the shift?

Now, you get the picture.  The key is to consistently use this form on each and every shift. Most of all, these form needs to be positive. It is especially important to never introduce negativity to the alley rally because it will only bring people down.

In summary:

  • Stick to one or two topics
  • Keep it short and focused
  • Stay positive
  • Have fun!
  • Share information that can help them, right now
  • Teach your employees, instead of lecturing them
  • The restaurant pre-shift alley rally meeting is an awesome way to motivate your employees

Remember to follow the 80% rule. The manager should talk 20% and the employees should talk the remaining 80% of the time. For example, you can ask open-ended questions such as what are the server’s steps of service?

Two Versions – Your Choice!

Version 1 

Your cart is empty
Visit The Shop

restaurant pre-shift alley rally

Click or touch to view larger

restaurant pre-shift alley rally

Click or touch to view larger

Version 2


Your cart is empty
Visit The Shop

Click or touch to view larger

Click or touch to view larger

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

©2012-2024 Copyright Workplace Wizards Restaurant Consulting Schim Enterprises LLC