Restaurant Server Cash Checkout Form
The Restaurant Server Cash Checkout Form is vital for employee cash accountability. Always use this form a the end of the work shift for the server or cashier.
- Print out the form and cut out the four worksheets.
- Next, print out the server or cashier closeout summary report from the cash register.
- Enter the checkout information, including the cash, credit cards and sales totals.
- When all the information is entered, collect the right amount of cash owed to the restaurant or bar.
- After you collect the money from a cashier, you will also know if they are over or short.
- Finally, attach all completed restaurant server cash checkout forms to the end of the shift paperwork.
What if there are Overages or Shortages?
Accountability is the key to hold your employees liable for overages and shortages. If the employee is constantly over or short cash, then you can use these forms as documentation in case of suspension or termination. As a rule-of-thumb, every time an employee is over or short a considerable amount of money fill out an employee corrective action form with an attainable action plan. Having both the server cash checkout form and the employee corrective action plan is vital in case of an unemployment hearing. If a case goes to court, the employer. Unfortunately, lack of documentation will strengthen the employee’s case.
Maybe you don’t realize it, but an overage is just as bad as a shortage. There are times that the overage can be a simple mistake due to the employee not counting the correct cash back to the customer. That means the employee needs to be retrained in how to handle cash. In some instances, the overage can be due to employee theft. Example, the employee accepted money from the customer, but did not ring in the sales, or voided the check. Often the employee will accumulate the cash that was not rung into the register. Just before the end of their shift, the employee will attempt to skim the cash from the register to their pockets. If you suspect an employee is stealing money, then use a cash register audit form to prevent or catch the thief.
Cash Register Audit Form
Check out the Server Cash Checkout Spreadsheet