Restaurant Server Table Rotation Form
The Restaurant Server Table Rotation Form is an excellent organizational tool.
- Are servers complaining that they are being skipped when customers are seated in the dining room?
- Are the servers double-seated which is causing them to be overwhelmed? Overwhelmed servers lead to poor customer service because they are unable to keep up with the number of customers and their side work assignments. Typically, most restaurants will only assign sections of four tables to each server. Experienced servers may handle more than four tables. Servers that are in a four table section will provide better customer service to their guests.
Sometimes, servers are known to complain that only four tables will decrease their tips. In reality, as long as they are providing WOW customer service to their customers and they are able to turn the tables quickly they will make better tips.
Another great tool for WOW customer service is to follow the Server Steps of Service. In addition to proper server rotation, you can also use a dining room layout chart to keep track of open and busy tables.
A server has many responsibilities during the shift:
- Greeting the door and seating the guest
- Answering the restaurant telephone
- Take out orders
- Approaching the guest and completing the order
- Entering the entire order into the POS System
- Delivering the drinks, appetizers, entree’s and desserts to the guest within a specific time frame
- Drink refills
- Pre-bussing both in their section and out of their section (teamwork)
- Delivering sides and condiments when asked by the customer
- Helping to deliver other server’s drinks, appetizers, entree’s and desserts (teamwork)
- Dealing with customer complaints
- Keeping up with their assigned side work throughout the entire shift
- Cashing the customers out
As you can see from the list of server’s responsibilities above, the servers are very busy. Assigning servers more tables, then they can handle, it will affect guest service resulting in repeat business going out the window.
The restaurant server table rotation form is a must-have form for your business.